Tuesday, April 10, 2018

COLOURING WITH SPECTRUM NOIR ILLUSTRATOR MARKERS VIDEO BY CHARLOTTE


It’s time for the final card in my Easter series, which is also my DT project for the Sasayaki Glitter YouTube channel. This time I decided to pull some patterned papers from my stash to create my card.

I started by printing the Easter Elly image onto alcohol marker friendly paper, then die cut it with a Sizzix Hexagon Die.
I then picked out my patterned papers so that I could use them as a starting point for the colours to use on the image.
I first coloured the elephant, using grey  Yosoo alcohol markers. My lightest grey has almost completely dried up so I had to fight with it a bit to get the colour out.
I coloured the bunny ears white with pink centres, and the band pink to match. For the basket I chose pale brown, with a green ribbon. I used the same greens for the ribbon on the Easter egg.
The egg itself I coloured with a blue Spectrum Noir Illustrator marker, to coordinate with the patterned papers. I went orange for the flowers for the same reason, then bought more green in for the leaves and grass.
Having completed my colouring I started assembling the card. I adhered my larger piece of patterned paper, with a floral pattern, to the card base with double-sided tape. I then added a strip of contrasting patterned paper across that before finally adding my image panel popped up on foam tape. I decided to forgo a sentiment this time.
I’m quite happy with this card though it’s different from what I usually make. I tend to prefer much cleaner and simple looking cards, but I have a mountain of papers that I really ought to try to use up. I wonder if I ought to have used more layers than I did, for example giving mats to the various elements. For the most part though I am pleased with the result.
Love,
Charlotte