Monday, July 18, 2016

GUEST DESIGNER - ANDREA NORRIS




I'm honoured today to be doing a Guest Design Spot for Naz over at Sasayaki Glitter. This image is called
Party Shy

He's such a cutie and such a joy to colour 😃

I've used ProMarkers and Copics to colour the image. For the first time ever I decided to use blue highlights for hair and I'm pretty happy with how they came out. I've stuck with a red, white and blue theme for this card. Most of it is blue with the fish and cherry in the cocktail providing the pop of red.
To create the water I've used horizontal strokes with a light blue then added in some shading with deeper colour and polychromos pencils. I tried to keep most of the shading to one side so it looks like gently lapping waves.

The sky was done by sketching some clouds in with a light blue ProMarker the adding more depth of colour towards the top of the image

The sentiment was added at the time of printing. I've added a little doodling in biro to frame the image and also added in a couple of seagulls.

The design paper I've mounted the image onto is from Maja Design finishing off this CAS card which is the current them of the Sasayaki Glitter challenge.

Hope you love what I've done and will go pay them a visit. There is also a Facebook Group Sasayaki Glitter where Naz often has freebies 😃
Andrea x


This is so stunning, a gorgeous CAS card.
 I just love the colours Andrea has chosen for her project!!  And the sentiment is just perfect!!  
Make sure you swing by her blog and see her other wonderful creations!
As well as her Etsy store.